Chelan/Douglas County Master Gardeners
About the Master Gardeners
WSU Chelan & Douglas County Master Gardener Volunteers like to get our hands dirty.
We are a group of individuals with diverse backgrounds who share a unifying interest in horticulture. Some of us are generalists and some have specialized interests and knowledge. We all are inquisitive, like to be around other gardeners, and love to share what we know. The Master Gardener Program promotes environmentally responsible gardening practices and addresses environmental and social priorities such as water conservation, the protection of water quality, reducing the impact of invasive species, and healthy living through gardening.
Master Gardeners complete a university course that covers topics such as botany, weed identification, soils, lawn care, pruning, pesticides and insect management, plant pathology and plant problem diagnosis.
We're centered in the Wenatchee valley and serve the entire Chelan & Douglas County area. Find us at activities such as:
- Plant Diagnosis Clinics - WSU Chelan County Extension office, 400 Washington Street, Wenatchee
- Wenatchee Farmers Market, Saturdays, 8 am-1 pm, May- Oct.
- Chelan Evenings Farmers Market, Thursdays 4-7 pm, June - Sept.
- Community Education Garden at Springwater & Western, Wenatchee, WA. Features roses, dahlias, vegetables, water-wise and native plants, a shade garden, a butterfly garden, utility friendly trees, and deer resistant evergreens.
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden along the Columbia River- Wednesday mornings April-October.
- Speakers to clubs
- Annual Plant Sale - April 25, 2015, Pybus Public Market, Wenatchee, WA. Read more about our 2015 sale.
- BNCW Builders Home Show Town Toyota Center - Presentations: Tool Sharpening: 4:30 pm February 6 & 11 am Feb. 7, 2015; Home Irrigation- noon on Feb 7, 2015.
- KPQ Home & Garden Show, Town Toyota Center,Wenatchee, WA - March, 2015
- Chelan County Fair in Cashmere, WA Sept. 2015 and August 2015 at the North Central WA District Fair in Waterville, WA
Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? Read more.
Visit us on Facebook.
For more information, contact our coordinator: Jennifer Marquis, Coodinator