Do you work with or know of an outstanding 4-H volunteer, staff member, alumni, or supportive business that deserves to be recognized for their outstanding efforts on behalf of 4-H in the state of Washington? Consider nominating them for one of the various WA State 4-H Awards.
There are several awards available
- Salute to Excellence In Recognition of Outstanding Volunteerism Lifetime Achievement: This award recognizes the efforts of an individual that has served as a 4-H volunteer for at least 10 years or more at the county or state level.
- Salute to Excellence In Recognition of Outstanding Volunteerism Less than 10 Years: This award recognizes the efforts of an individual that has served as a 4-H volunteer for less than 10 years at the county or state level.
- Friend of Washington State 4-H Award: This award recognizes outstanding persons or businesses/ organizations that have contributed to making Washington State 4-H what is today, those who have made a significant contribution to the development of 4-H in Washington
- Washington State 4-H Volunteer’s Staff Award: This award recognizes outstanding staff members that have contributed to making Washington State 4-H what is today, whose work has impacted 4-H at both county and state levels (beyond their own job responsibilities). Nominations will be accepted from any County Leaders’ Council.
- Washington State 4-H Alumni Award: This award recognizes outstanding 4-H Alumni that have contributed to making Washington State 4-H what is today. Anyone who was enrolled in 4-H as a youth and has made a significant contribution to 4-H and/or the community.
- Heather Rider Leadership Award for Young Adults: This award recognizes the extraordinary leadership and service to others by a young person 19-22 years of age as of September 1 of the current year. This award seeks to recognize their 4-H involvement past and present at the club, county, regional, state, and/or national levels. The recognized youth will demonstrate a genuine passion for the 4-H Program.
All award recipients will be recognized at this year’s WA State 4-H Forum Volunteer Recognition Banquet to be held on October 19, 2012 at the SeaTac Doubletree Hotel. For copies of the award nomination forms and instructions, see the State 4-H Award Nominations Website at http://4h.wsu.edu/conferences/Forum/awards.htm.
Nominations for the Annual State 4-H Awards must be postmarked or emailed by August 1, 2012. Send completed nomination forms to: 4-H Advisory Board, c/o Betsy Fradd, WSU Puyallup, 2606 W Pioneer, Puyallup, WA 98371-4998. Incomplete nominations will be disqualified. If you have questions please contact Betsy Fradd at 253-445-4543 or via email at: email@example.com.