WSU Master Gardeners teach classes in Wenatchee, WA.
Spring, Summer, and Fall are great for gardening. Join us to learn more about these timely topics:
- Third Saturdays in the Garden -- Take free tours and short tutorials to educate and motivate you to get outside and into the garden. Held at the Master Gardener Community Education Garden, each Third Saturday features Garden Talks – mini-classes covering specific gardening basics – and guided Garden Walks to learn about different types of gardens suitable for the region. Explore the rose and dahlia gardens, vegetable and herb raised-beds and composting demonstration area while a Master Gardener explains how to implement them in your home garden and landscape.
- May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15, September 19, 2015
- 10am - noon
- Community Education Garden, on Western Ave. at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA
- May 16, 2015 – Contain Yourself
- Feeling confined? Learn tips and tricks for successful vegetable and flower container gardening
- Irrigation for raised beds and containers
- Tool Sharpening
- June 20, 2015 - Insects, Bugs & Spiders…Oh My!
- Family fun in the garden
- Activities for all ages
- July 18,2015 - Dog Days of Summer
- Helping your lawn and trees thrive, including waterwise strategies
- August 15, 2015 – Fifth Annual Tomato Gala
- Taste test tomatoes of all sizes and colors; more than two dozen varieties of heirlooms and hybrids to try
- September19, 2015 – Harvesting for Yourself…and Outwitting Critters
- Making the most of your harvest–ranging from tasty edibles to composting
- Coping with wildlife in your landscape
- Tool Sharpening
Please be prepared for weather conditions and sun exposure. Persons with a disability requiring special accommodation while participating in this event may call the Extension office at 509-667-6540. If accommodation is not requested 10 days in advance, we cannot guarantee accommodation on-site.