Utility Friendly Trees
Trees chosen for height as well as form, leaf texture and color are planted in the Community Education Garden to demonstrate options for home landscapes that include overhead utility lines. These trees are smaller in scale, so also suitable for smaller yards.
- Cornus Kousa 'Samaritan' - dogwood
- Zelkova serrata 'Wireless '
- Pinus Pungens 'Fat Albert' - blue spruce
- Syringa reticulata 'Ivory Silk' - Japanese tree lilac
- Acer platanoides 'Crimson Sentry' - Norway maple
- Amelanchier 'Autumn Brilliance' - serviceberry
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Purpurea Pendula’ - weeping purple beech
- Acer ginnala 'Flame' - amur maple
- Weeping Alaska Cedar 'Stricta'
- Pinus flexilis "Vanderwolf Pyramid" - limber pine