Admiralty Head Lighthouse
Established in1860 and rebuilt in 1903, the lighthouse once guided sailing ships through the entrance of Puget Sound. It was the lastlighthouse designed and built by renowned German architect Carl Leick. As a family dwelling with few ammenities spared, it featured an indoor bathroom, heated water, internal plumbing, and spacious bedrooms. Stout construction and thick masonry walls helped ensure its survival.
Admiralty Head's Fresnel lens was extinguished in 1922, but today the lighthouse serves as an educational interpretive center. Our dedicated volunteers welcome visitors and school groups, host weddings, conduct educational tours, and operate a gift shop.
Admiralty Head Lighthouse is owned by Washington State Parks and operated in partnership with Washington State University Island County Extension.
Hours and Location
For more information about the Admiralty Head Lighthouse visit this website.
*Photo credit Libby Hayward