Island County Waste
How to Dispose of Solid Waste on Whidbey and Camano Islands
Curbside recycling is offered to all residents of the City of Oak Harbor and Camano Island.
Self-sorting of recyclables is available to persons who deliver waste to any of four county drop-box facilities or one privately owned and operated recycling business.
- Camano Island - Camano Island Recycling Center, 75 E. Camano Hill Road, (360) 387-9696.
Solid waste, recyclables, scrap metals and household hazardous waste. Map
- Coupeville - Coupeville Transfer Station, 20062 SR 20, (360) 678-3328. This was formerly the county landfill, but is now a transfer station.
Solid waste, recyclables and household hazardous waste. Map
- Oak Harbor - Oak Harbor Recycling Center, 3151 Oak Harbor Road, (360) 675-6161.
Limited solid waste, recyclables and household hazardous waste. Map
- Bayview - Bayview Recycling Center, 14566 SR 525, near Bayview Corners, (360) 321-4504.
Limited recycling, solid waste, household hazardous waste. Map
- Freeland - Island Recycling, 20014 SR 525, (360) 331-1727.
Scrap metals and recycling. Map
Household Hazardous Waste
Paints, solvents, yard and garden chemicals, hobby chemicals, household batteries, used motor oil, fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent lights, and other household hazardous waste may be delivered to any of the four county-operated drop box facilities for free disposal. Note: Island Recycling, located in Freeland, is a privately owned recycling business which does not accept hazardous waste.